Have you been searching for a way to connect your Soundbar to the Roku TV? Guess what! You have stumbled upon the right article about how to connect Bluetooth Soundbar to Roku TV.
Soundbars are a great device that offers outstanding sound quality, and connecting it with the Roku technology can enhance the users’ overall experience. But the question arises if we can connect our Bluetooth enabled and old-fashioned Soundbars with Roku TV. The answer is yes, we can. Let’s see, how?
How to Connect Bluetooth Soundbar to Roku TV
In this article we will discuss different methods of the soundbar connectivity with roku TV.
Method 1: Bluetooth Receiver Method
You can buy a bluetooth receiver that can be connected with your Roku TV, which will help in connecting you Bluetooth Soundbars. A wireless method to connect devices is a new fashion in today’s technology. You will need to buy the bluetooth receiver as it does not come with your TV or even Soundbars.
Steps of the Bluetooth soundbar to roku TV using Bluetooth Reciver.
- Check which connectivity port you have in your TV, and then buy the bluetooth receiver accordingly. The Roku TV is likely to have the RCA output option or any other extra options for connection.
- Now, you need to plug in the Bluetooth Receiver to the Roku TV’s available port. Make sure that the receiver has the power connection and it can be turned ON or OFF. The receiver could be rechargeable, battery based or has a separate power supply adapter.
- After the connection is done, turn on the receiver and pair the Soundbar with the Bluetooth receiver. You will notice a blinking light when the power is ON.
- After pairing the two devices, you will need to go to the settings of your Roku TV. Select the connected Soundbar as speaker under the option “Select Audio Control”.
Using Roku Application For Connecting Bluetooth Soundbars to Roku TV
Using the Roku application, you can connect a Bluetooth Soundbar to your Roku TV. Let’s see how you can do that.
- The Roku application is free, so firstly, you have to download it on your phone or any other device that you are using. When you download this application on your phone, it will become a Roku TV control center.
- Secondly, you have to make sure that your Roku TV and the device in which the application is downloaded are connected with the same Wi-Fi.
- In the next step, you have to connect your phone to your Bluetooth Soundbar. When you have connected your phone with the Bluetooth Soundbar, you have to open the Roku application.
- In the application, you will see a headphone icon on the homepage; select that option.
- Lastly, you can play any video of music you want to watch on your Roku TV. Whatever you play on your phone will be shown on the Roku TV, and the sound will come from your Bluetooth Soundbar.
Unfortunately, you cannot use the original Bluetooth option for connecting the Soundbar to the Roku television because the wireless connection with the Roku TV is only available for Roku-enabled devices. Now, what to do?
Alternative Way to Connect Bluetooth Soundbar to Roku TV
In case you do not want to use the Roku App, we have got your back. We have come up with an alternative way. Let’s hop on to that!
You can always use the wired methods to combine these two devices. In the wired connection, you can use the HDMI cable, Optical cable, AUX cable, or RCA connection to connect the Bluetooth Soundbar to Roku TV.
Using HDMI Port to Connect Bluetooth Bars with Roku TV
Follow the below steps to get the job done:
- In the first step, you have to look for the particular port of connection that you are using. In this case, you have to look for an HDMI port on both the Bluetooth Soundbar and Roku television.
- In the second step, you have to take the HDMI cable, which is in perfect condition and plant the one end of the cable in the HDMI port of the Bluetooth Soundbar, and the second and will be plugged into the HDMI IN port of the Roku TV.
- Once you have connected the HDMI cable to both devices, you have to open your Roku television and change the input setting to HDMI instead of wireless.
- If your Bluetooth Soundbar does not have an HDMI port, you can also use an HDMI adapter to establish the connection. If you are using the optical or RCA cable, then you have to look for the respective ports on both devices.
Using Other Cables For The Connection
We have mentioned that you can use wired connections to connect Bluetooth Soundbar and Roku television; we will only explain the HDMI cable one because even if you use an optical cable or RCA cable, the steps will remain the same as the HDMI one.
Roku television has various ports involving an HDMI port, optical port, and RCA port, so it is straightforward to connect the TV with the Soundbar. However, your Soundbar might not have all of these sports, so you can try the available connections.
You can use the Roku App to connect Bluetooth Soundbars to the Roku TV. And there are other methods available as an alternative if you do not want to use the Roku App. You can use cables that are easily available in markets with easy installation methods.
Make sure to follow the steps properly and avoid any kind of damage. Get professional help if needed!!!