When you need to decide what you want to hear, you have a plethora of options. With the help of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2, and Spotify Connect compatibility, you can stream contents anytime anywhere. When you have your favourite contents to stream ready on your device, you can easily hear it through the Bose Soundbar. Read below to know how to connect your Bose Soundbar to your TV.
Amplify your sound experience to a whole new level by adding an aesthetic Bose Soundbar to your home entertainment system. You can rely on these devices for a cinematic and thunderous experience. The Bose Soundbars come in different variants, namely Bose Soundbar 500, Bose Smart Soundbar 300 and Bose Smart Soundbar 700. This soundbar is easy to set up and use.
Following are the steps to connect your Bose Soundbar to your TV:
The Bose Soundbar uses a single connection to your TV via an optical audio cable (included), an HDMI cable (sold separately), or by using Bluetooth. The connection settings are given below, which can be different depending on the TV you own.
Read below to know how to connect your Bose Soundbar to your TV.
Using HDMI Cable
The easiest way to connect the Bose Soundbar is via the HDMI cable to your TV. In case your TV has an HDMI-ARC or an HDMI-eARC connection, you should preferably use it.
Follow the steps below to connect using HDMI ARC.
- Turn OFF your TV and soundbar.
- Get your HDMI cable that you will be connecting to your TV.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your TV and the other to the soundbar.
- Turn ON the TV and the soundbar.
- Change audio output in the settings from the TV to HDMI.
- Now, change the audio input to HDMI in your soundbar.
Using An Optical Cable
In case your TV does not provide an HDMI connection, you can connect the Bose Soundbar to the TV using an optical cable.
Follow the steps to connect the Bose soundbar to your TV using an Optical Cable:
- Firstly, go get an optical cable.
- Now, connect one end of the optical cable to the Bose soundbar and the other to the TV.
- Go to the audio output settings in your TV and select optical cable.
- Lastly, you need to go to the audio source on Bose soundbar and select “Digital in”.
This is definitely a reliable method, but is usually absent in either TV or soundbar. You can enjoy using bluetooth connection if possible. You can also buy a wireless conversion kit. However, it is easy and more convenient.
When both your TV and soundbar support Bluetooth, you can follow these steps to connect them together.
- Press the Bluetooth button either on your soundbar or remote and keep it pressed so that the pairing mode gets activated. It will blink to indicate pairing mode, or you can refer to the specific manual for the indication method.
- Go to the Bluetooth menu on the TV and select your Bose soundbar from the list of available devices.
- Pair it with the soundbar.
- Check the connectivity on the TV and enjoy the sound experience.
After all the steps are done, you have to download the Bose Music app to complete your setup.
Bose soundbars offer total hands-free access to your music through voice assistants, like Amazon Alexa. Music is just the beginning. You can access many other features like weather reports, news headlines, and much more.
With the benefit of the Bose Music app, you can easily set up your soundbar, choose your voice assistant and traverse through all of your music in one place, effortlessly jumping between stations, playlists and services without even leaving the app.
Setting up presets via the app is simple, so the music you love is just one step away. You can easily personalise your experience and content.
ADAPTiQ is part of the overall process and is done through the Bose Music app. The app will inform you to run ADAPTiQ after downloading the Bose Music app and starting the setup process. Setup ADAPTiQ and follow the prompts in the app.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Can I connect Bose soundbars with other compatible products?
Bose Simple Sync technology enables you to pair your Bose Smart Soundbar with other compatible Bose products.
Don’t want to disturb anyone while binging your favourite movie late at night?
You can pair your soundbar with Bose headphones for a TV listening experience without disturbing anyone.
Do you want to listen to the same music in various rooms at the same time?
You can pair your soundbar with a selected Bose Bluetooth® speaker to add more sound around the house.
Along with controlling your Bose Smart Soundbar, you can control your TV and external cable with just your voice. Turn on your TV and ask Alexa to tune in to your favourite channel. We hope that we helped you to know how to connect Bose Soundbars to TV.
The Bose Sound Bar delivers spacious sound, clarity and rich bass for your content. What mostly takes many steps can now be done with a straightforward voice command. It’s fast, friendly and easy enough for everyone to enjoy.