JBL Soundbars are some of the most popular ones in the market right now. Users prefer to use their soundbars in different ways. Many of them prefer to connect their soundbar to their TV. This will enhance your experience of watching TV.
Watching your favourite movies, series, music videos, or other entertainment will become much more enjoyable when accompanied by the high-quality sound of JBL Sound Bars. This article will help you to understand how to connect JBL Soundbar to TV.Â
How To Connect JBL Soundbar To TV
This is not a very difficult task. The three ways of connecting the JBL soundbar to tv are via HDMI ARC, Optical, and Bluetooth. If one does not work for you can move to the next one. The methods stated below are exclusively for JBL Soundbars and do not apply to Soundbars of other brands.
Connect JBL Soundbar to TV Using HDMI ARC
HDMI Connection can deliver smooth and high-quality sound. Although It is mainly compatible with audio devices like speakers and soundbars, it can transmit audio and video. Since it has all these advantages, it is probably the best way to connect your JBL soundbar to the tv.
The steps below will help you connect your JBL Soundbar to tv using HDMI ARC.
- Figure out the ADMI (ARC) port on the soundbar. If you have trouble finding it, you can refer to the instruction manual that came with the JBL Soundbar.
- Figure out the HDMI input at the back of your TV as well.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the port in the soundbar and the port in the tv.
- Turn on your soundbar and tv.
- On your tv, enable the HDMI CEC and HDMI ARC functions.
Once you complete this process, run your tv and check if the soundbar is connected to it.
Connect JBL Sound Bar to TV Using Optical Cable
If for some reason, the HDMI cable connection is not working for you, or if you do not have it, you can try the same process with an optical cable. It works in the same way as an HDMI cable.
The disadvantage of using optical cable over HDMI is optical cable cannot transmit a lot of the latest audio formats. HDMI is advanced and supports all audio formats like Blu-ray, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS, unlike optical. HDMI can also transmit video signals.
You also need to know that HDMI transmits high-quality audio, so the audio quality from optical cable can be underwhelming at times. Nonetheless, if you don’t have an HDMI cable, optical cable is the next best alternative.
Connect JBL Sound Bar To TV via Bluetooth
If you have a smart TV that supports Bluetooth sharing, this option is much better for you than optical cables. The steps below will help you use Bluetooth to connect the JBL Soundbar to the TV.
- Switch on Your TV and Soundbar.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your soundbar. You can use the remote for this or press the Bluetooth button on your soundbar.
- Once the Bluetooth is successfully turned on, you will see a blue light flashing on your soundbar. This indicates it is ready for Bluetooth pairing.
- Turn on the Bluetooth of your TV.
- Browse through all the available Bluetooth pairings on your TV and select your JBL soundbar.
- When your Tv is connected to the soundbar via Bluetooth, the blue light will stay constant.
- Play something on your Tv and check if the soundbar is playing it correctly.
Although connecting via Bluetooth is very easy, it might not give as good an audio transmission as an HDMI cable. There might be some delay. The sound quality will not be of the supreme quality as well.
Bluetooth connection is best suited for connecting smartphones to TV. But if the cables are complex for you to deal with, this option is still viable for you.
To Sum It Up
Connecting your JBL Soundbar to Tv will heighten the experience of watching a movie or other entertainment on your TV. It is a good idea since it forms your mini home theatre.
This article explains how to connect the JBL Soundbar to TV. The three ways you can accomplish this are by using HDMI cable, Optical Cable, and Bluetooth connection, all of which are discussed in detail. For the best audio quality and fastest transmission, we recommend using HDMI cables. But if that is not possible for you, the other two options work fine as well.
Ever since his parents got him his first boombox as a kid, Kenny has always been into music and sound systems. In high school, he replaced the cheap speakers in his ’93 F-150 and swapped out the old cassette player for a CD deck. As technology progresses, Kenny enjoys staying at the front of the latest and best products available. That’s why he started Best of Soundbar site to provide information and in-depth reviews.