The Soundbar is an external audio device that can be connected to laptops, televisions, and PCs. Connecting a Soundbar to the tv is not a complex process, and this article will discuss a few ways to connect the Onn Soundbar to the TV.
Onn Soundbars are available at an excellent price in the market, and they render outstanding sound quality to the listeners even after being so compact and sleek. You can conveniently place it above or below your television, and it works perfectly with 32-inch televisions.
Ways to Connect Onn Soundbar to the TV
Below, we will discuss the three most convenient and popular ways to connect the Onn Soundbar to the TV, Optical connection, HDMI, and Bluetooth. We will mention the detailed steps that you have to follow in each connection method.
Method 1: HDMI
HDMI is one of the most popular ways of Connecting two devices, and by using an HDMI cable, you can conveniently connect the Onn Soundbar to the TV. Let’s look at the steps that you have to follow.
- In the first step, we have to arrange an HDMI cable, and the best thing is that the Onn Soundbar comes with various tables such as HDMI Optical and Aux lines to establish connections. The HDMI cable should be in perfect condition.
- In the second step, you have to connect the one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI IN port of the Onn Soundbar, and the second end of the cable will be plugged into the HDMI Out port of the TV.
- When you have connected both the devices with the help of the HDMI cable, you have to change the audio settings in your television.
- Go to the menu page on your television and then select Audio Settings. In the audio settings, you have to change the output option to HDMI or Wired. The labeling of options depends on various televisions, so you can refer to the television manual to get it right.
Method 2: Digital Optical Cable
The second method to connect the Onn Soundbar to the TV is Digital Optical Cable or Optical Cable. Every Soundbar nowadays has different ports for HDMI optical connection and aux connection, and so does the Onn Soundbar. Let’s look at the steps.
- In the first step, you have to look for the optical port in both Soundbar and television. The port must be labeled with either a digital optical port or an optical port.
- In the second step, take the optical cable that must have come with the Soundbar, but if there is no optical cable with the device, you can conveniently arrange it from the market. Use 3.5mm to 3.5mm Optical Cable.
- Now connect the one end of the optical cable in the optical port of the Onn Soundbar, and the second end will go into the same port of the television.
- In the next step, just like you have to change the audio setting in the HDMI connection, you have to do the same thing with a digital optical connection. Go to the audio settings in your television and change the audio output to Optical Cable or Wired.
Method 3: Bluetooth Connection
The last method that we will discuss to connect Onn Soundbar to the TV is the wireless Bluetooth connection. Take a look at the steps to follow.
- In the first step, you have to switch on the Bluetooth in your television, and by using the remote control of the Onn Soundbar, you can enable the Bluetooth on the Soundbar.
- Make sure the distance between the television and the Soundbar is not more than 1 meter because, in the distance, your television might not discover the Bluetooth of the Soundbar.
- When you switch on the Bluetooth mode in the Soundbar, a blue light will flash, indicating that you can now pair the device with the television.
- Go to the Bluetooth list on your television and look for your Onn Soundbar that must be labeled as “Onn 36″ 5.1 Soundbar”. Select the name and press “Connect.”
- When you press the connect button in a few seconds, your television will be connected to the Onn Soundbar. As an indication, you will see that the blue light flashing on your Soundbar has stopped blinking.
Wrapping it Up
This article discusses the top 3 methods to connect Onn Soundbar to TV. The most popular way is the HDMI cable, with several people preferring wireless Bluetooth connection because there is no involvement of wires.