Sceptre TVs are one of the best products available in the market. You get outstanding video quality, and several people have reviewed it to be the best investment of their life. However, if sound is an essential aspect of television for most people, you will have to invest in an external audio system.
One of the outstanding external audio systems you can invest in and which has value worth the money is Soundbar. The Soundbar is a compact, slim audio system that can connect with Sceptre TV and enjoy the enhanced audio quality from the device.Â
Methods to Connect Soundbar to Sceptre TV
Method 1: HDMI Cable
HDMI is one of the most popular methods through which you can connect Soundbar to Sceptre TV. Check out the steps that you have to follow for this method.
- In the first step, you have to locate the HDMI port on your Soundbar and Sceptre TV. The HDMI port on your television can be marked as item ARC or eARC. Either of the ports will work.
- In the second step, you have to take an HDMI cable and plug the one end of the cable into the HDMI port of the television, and the second end will go in the out port of the Soundbar. You must remember that if you are using the ARC HDMI port, you will have to use a 1.4 cable and for the eARC port, use the 2.1 cables.
- In the third step, you have to change the setting on your Soundbar and television, for which you can use the remote control. In the Sceptre TV, change the audio setting to HDMI, and on Soundbar, change it to D.IN.
Method 2: RCA Cable
The second method that you can try to connect Soundbar to Sceptre TV is RCA cables. RCA cable is generally not used by people who established the connection between Soundbars and television.
Still, if the HDMI port and optical port (that we will discuss next) are not working correctly, you can use this method. The steps of using an RCA cable to connect the Soundbar and Sceptre TV are straightforward.
- RCA cables come in two colors: red and white. So firstly you have to look for the same color ports on your Soundbar and television.
- In the second step, you have to plug the one and red and white cables into the Audio out jacks of your Sceptre TV and the second end cables into the same color Audio In ports of Soundbar.
- When you have connected the red, white RCA cables into the respective ports of the television and Soundbar, you can test it by playing anything on your Sceptre TV.
Method 3: Optical Cable
This is the last method and is highly effective. After HDMI cable, the use of optical cable is prevalent for connecting two devices. Steps are also straightforward; let’s look at them.
- On both Soundbar and Sceptre TV, you can find optical ports. However, the labeling of the Jack can be different in various Soundbars. It can be just Optical In/out or Digital Audio Optical In/Out.
- You have to take the optical cable and connect the one side of the cable in the optical out port of Sceptre TV, and the second end will go in the Optical In the port of the Soundbar.
- When you have connected both sides of the optical cable, you will have to change your Soundbar and television settings. To make the changes on the Soundbar, you can refer to the manual.
- For the television, go to the sound setting and change the audio setting to the optical cable.
Summing it Up
HDMI cable, Optical cable, and RCA cable are the three ways through which you can connect your Soundbar to Sceptre TV. Wired methods are considered superior to wireless connections because the signals in the wired methods are powerful.
However, in Sceptre TV, you don’t have any other choice except to choose one of the wired methods to connect it with a SoundBar. We hope this article was informative enough for you, and you will be able to connect a Soundbar to Sceptre TV without facing any hassle.
Ever since his parents got him his first boombox as a kid, Kenny has always been into music and sound systems. In high school, he replaced the cheap speakers in his ’93 F-150 and swapped out the old cassette player for a CD deck. As technology progresses, Kenny enjoys staying at the front of the latest and best products available. That’s why he started Best of Soundbar site to provide information and in-depth reviews.