In this article, we will be sharing how you can connect Vizio SoundBar to a Samsung television. The entire process of connecting the Soundbar to the Samsung TV is straightforward, and you have to follow the simple steps that we will mention in this article.
Methods for Connecting Vizio SoundBar to Samsung TV
By the following methods we can easily connect vizio soundbar to samsung TV.
Method 1: Optical Cable
The first method that you can try for connecting Vizio SoundBar to Samsung TV is with the help of optical cable, which is also known as fiber optic. For establishing a connection between the Soundbar and Samsung TV, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
- The first step is the simplest one which is to buy an optical cable. Not very difficult, right? You can find it conveniently in your nearest market.
- The second step is to connect the optical cable with the Samsung TV And Vizio SoundBar.
For this step, you have to find the optical port on both devices. Put the one end of the optical cable into the port on the Samsung TV and the second end into the optical port of the Soundbar.
- Now switch on both of the devices, and with the help of the Soundbar remote, select the “input button.” In the input button, you have to choose optical as an input option.
- In the next step, you have to go to the menu on your Samsung TV, where you will find the option “Audio.” In the audio option, you will see “TV Speakers” that you have to turn off.
- You have to change the output option to either bitstream or Dolby digital in the same audio settings. Look for this option under “Digital Audio Out.”
Once you change the settings on both Samsung TV And Vizio Soundbar, you can play something on your television, after which you will be able to hear the audio coming out from your Vizio Soundbar.
Method 2: HDMI Cable
The second and the last method that you can try to connect Vizio SoundBar to Samsung TV is with the help of an HDMI cable. The HDMI cable method is considered better than the optical cable, so we would recommend you use this method first.
The best reason we say that the HDMI cable method is better than the optical cable method is that when you connect the Vizio Sound Bar with the Samsung TV using an HDMI cable, you can control the device with the Samsung TV itself. You don’t have to use the soundbar remote.
Steps to use HDMI cable method
The steps of the HDMI cable are pretty similar to what you have read in the optical cable.
- The first step after you have got an HDMI cable is to plug the one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port of the Samsung television and the second end to the similar report of the Vizio SoundBar.
- In the second step, you have to turn on both the devices and then press the “Input’ button on your Vizio SoundBar remote, where you have to select the HDMI option.
- On your Samsung TV, you have to change the audio output from the TV speakers to HDMI. When you have made the required changes, you can play audio on television and enjoy the sound coming out from Vizio SoundBar.Â
Wrapping it Up
So, the HDMI cable and optical cables are the two methods you can try to connect Vizio SoundBar to Samsung TV, and both ways worked the best, but we would recommend you go for the HDMI option.
Even after making all the required changes, you can still not hear the sound coming from the Vizio SoundBar. You can go to the “Expert Settings” on your television, where you have to change the HDMI and Digital Audio output to PCM.
After making this change, you will be able to hear the sound from the Vizio SoundBar. We hope this article helps you in connecting your Soundbar with Samsung TV.
Ever since his parents got him his first boombox as a kid, Kenny has always been into music and sound systems. In high school, he replaced the cheap speakers in his ’93 F-150 and swapped out the old cassette player for a CD deck. As technology progresses, Kenny enjoys staying at the front of the latest and best products available. That’s why he started Best of Soundbar site to provide information and in-depth reviews.